Your TRMA Member Hub
Thanks for being a Member of the TRMA Family!
Being a member of the Trop Rock Music Association isn't about going to meetings or sitting on conference calls, it's about having a good time and supporting what you love.
The TRMA exists to promote and build the Trop Rock genre, which in turn helps support artists, radio stations, music venues and others that live and breathe Trop Rock music.
We will be utilizing this page for exclusive member news, so check back often!
Exclusive Member News:
The 11th Annual TRMA awards was held Friday, November 2nd in Key West, Florida.
Congratulations to the 11th Annual TRMA Trop Rock Music Awards winners. We had a fabulous ballot of nominees and the TRMA wishes to thank all of you for what you do for the Trop Rock world.
Definition of Trop Rock Music: Tropical Rock (or Trop Rock) is a genre of popular music that incorporates elements of Rock and Roll, Country, Caribbean, Reggae or other musical genres to create a laid-back or “escapist” state of mind. Trop Rock may create its tropical or “island vibe” either with tropical or island-like instrumentation and production, or with beach, tropical or escapist lyrical themes, or both.
11th Annual TRMA Winners
1. Male Vocalist
- Donny Brewer www.donnybrewer.com
2. Female Vocalist
- Heather Vidal troprock.org/members/heathervidal/
- The Detentions www.thedetentions.com
This award recongnizes bands with 4 or more members and primarily perform in this configuration.
- Donny Brewer & The Dock Rockers www.donnybrewer.com
5. Entertainer of the Year
This award recognizes the best LIVE performance by an independent Trop Rock solo, duo, trio or band.
- Donny Brewer www.donnybrewer.com
Nominees in this category are TRMA Academy members and have released an independent CD of new original Trop Rock music in 2017. Compilation CD's do not qualify.
- "Seahabilitation" - Cory Young www.coryyoungmusic.com
This category is open to ALL Trop Rock artists who released an original Trop Rock song in 2017. They do NOT have to be Academy members, and the song does not have to be part of a qualifying album. The song qualifies if it was only released as a "single".
- "Back to the Sun" - Donny Brewer & Reggie Starrett https://donnybrewer.com
8. Horizon Award
This award recognizes a Trop Rock solo, duo, trio, or band who shows the most promise for contributing to the Trop Rock genre through performance, songwriting and recording of their original music.
Previous winners are not eligible.
- Cory Young www.coryyoungmusic.com
This award recognizes outstanding musicianship, and is intended to recognize band members, not individual artists or band leaders, but the other musicians in the band or musicians who play with various artists.
- Melanie Howe - Percussion
10. Songwriter The final ballot for Songwriter of the Year will be voted on by the TRMA Academy members and Board of Directors.The nominees on the final ballot based on the nomination round voting are: Donny Brewer, Jack Mosley, Jesse Rice, Thom Shepherd, and Cory Young.
- Thom Shepherd
11. Radio Station
- RadioTropRock www.radiotroprock.com
12. Radio Program - Live
- "Trop Rockin' The USA" - Eric & Gina Babin
13. Radio Program - Prerecorded
- "Trop Rock Takeover" - David Redman
14. Live Music Venue
This award recognizes the owners of a for-profit live music venue that features Trop Rock artists.
- T-Bone Tom's - Kemah, TX
15. House Concert Venue - Small
This award recognizes the host/hostess of a non-profit concert-style shows featuring Trop Rock artists. It is broken into small & large venues.
- Diablo Creek - Christ
16. House Concert Venue - Large
- The Habitat - Settlemyer
17. Event of the Year - Small
This award recognizes events/festivals who feature multiple Trop Rock artists. Meeting of the Minds is not considered in this category because it is a National Convention. It is divided into small and large based on registered attendees at the 2017 event, and an award will be given for each category.
- Laid Back Attack - Olympia, WA
18. Event of the Year - Large
- Music on the Bay - Tampa, FL
19. Fan of the Year
This award recognizes a Trop Rock "fan" for their support and promotion of Trop Rock music. It is meant for an individual and not a group. Previous winners are NOT eligible.
- Fred Wunder